2.0

Got hired through ODesk to write 1000 words on cutting concrete. This is a subject I knew nothing about and I don't know why I was hired to do it, most of my ODesk work is comedic.

Client sent a link to a construction company. Basically, it said "We have lots of locations and expertise and you shouldn't try this stuff on your own." So, I did research elsewhere and wrote my 1000 words and billed the time. Client was furious that I spent 7 hrs, saying "experienced writers don't do research" (?) and demanded his money back (and said I should stop being a writer and just get jobs reading). ODesk TOOK THE MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT and I hadn't been paid so I was in the red.

We are now fighting about this and they have suspended my account. They insist I am to blame because I entered my time manually (never a problem before) and also they object to my language (it is the 1st time in the several years I've been with them that it has become a little salty--I wonder why).

The latest: gee, maybe I could ask the client for a bonus? Yeah, maybe he could send it by flying pig.

This reviewer shared experience about problems with payment and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $126. This person is overall dissatisfied with Odesk Corporation. The most disappointing about freelance job at Odesk Corporation was pay withheld, support and employees Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Odesk Corporation.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Software category for more informed decision or compare Odesk Corporation to other companies on our site.

Comments